If you or your business have fallen victim to a scam, it is important to take the following steps:

  1. File a complaint with the relevant authorities, such as the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) in the United States or the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the United Kingdom and report to law enforcement.
  2. Notify the bank, cryptocurrency exchange or crypto wallet company involved.
  3. Take steps to protect your personal and financial information, such as changing passwords or cancelling any credit cards that may have been compromised.
  4. Keep track of any communication or documents related to the scam, as this may be helpful in any legal proceedings.
  5. File a report with Crypto Legal.

Remember to act quickly, as the longer you wait to report the scam, the harder it may be to recover any losses.


Please send us as much information as possible on the issue to help us evaluate the case, including:

  • Website URL
  • Company Name
  • Your residency/citizenship
  • Transaction hash (txid)
  • Email correspondence
  • The total amount invested/subtracted (USD)
  • Law enforcement reports (if available)
  • Any other relevant information

Send the requested information to the following email address:

*Due to the overwhelming demand for our services, we only work on cases involving financial loss of £10,000 GBP or more.


The authorities to which you should report cryptocurrency fraud may differ from region to region, but all cryptocurrency fraud complaints should generally contain the following pieces of information:

• Your Personal Information
• Any information or details about the scammers or the person receiving the funds
• Transaction Ids (TXID)
• Specific details on how you were victimized
• Proof of ownership of the stolen assets
• Any other relevant information to support your complaint

If you or your company are based in the United Kingdom, you should report all types of scams to Action Fraud, the UK’s national reporting centre for fraud.

For individuals and businesses based in the United States, you can go to your local police station to lodge a complaint. You can also choose to report your case to the following authorities:

  • The Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
  • The Commodity Futures Trading Commission
  • The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
  • The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3)

For European-based businesses, Europol is a helpful resource for finding the appropriate and relevant authorities to report fraud. Europol recommends visiting your local police station to file a complaint if your Member State does not have a dedicated online option.